Broaden your selection: Category/Live-communications
- Actor platform
- The Actor platform allows you to run a server for clients running the free software Actor messaging and group chat app on their computers and other devices.
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- The Farstream (formerly Farsight2) project is an effort to create a framework to deal with all known audio/video conferencing protocols. On one side it offers a generic API that makes it possible to write plugins for different streaming protocols, on the other side it offers an API for clients to use those plugins.
This package provides Python bindings for Farstream.
- Fire★ is a a simple platform for decentralized communication and computation.
Provides a simple application platform for developing p2p applications
and share these applications with others in a chat like user interface.
You don't send a message to someone, you send an program, which can have rich content. All programs are wired up together automatically providing distributed communication, either through text, images, or games.
The source code to all applications is available immediately to instantly clone and modify.
- Gajim is a Jabber/XMPP client written in PyGTK. The goal of Gajim project is to provide a full featured and easy to use XMPP client. Gajim works nicely with GNOME, but does not require it to run.
- GnomeMeeting 2
- GnomeMeeting is a video conferencing software for GNU/Linux. It is designed for the Gnome Desktop and is compatible with the H.323 standard. It works with or without webcam and supports ILS directories.
- Guile-toxcore provides high level Scheme bindings for the Tox protocol library, libtoxcore.
- Gumnut is a moderated, distributed, discussion forum that may be used by groups of people to find an agreed positive direction for any decisions that affect that group. Each group may be of any size and associated by geography, common interest, or both.
- Meeting Request Scheduling & Booking System
- MRSBS is a system for coordinating the scheduling of meetings. MRSBS allows a person to schedule a meeting with people who are not on the same (or any) calendaring system. The meeting host (or the host's delegate) prepares an invitation, specifying required and optional attendees, information about the meeting topic and duration, potential time slots, and potential locations. The invitation is sent to the invitees via email, the invitees reply via a web page with their availability. Once all replies have been received, MRSBS selects the best available time. Invitees are then notified with an RFC 2445 compliant iCalendar notification.
- Mumble is a voice chat program.
There are two modules in Mumble: the client (Mumble) and the server (Murmur). It provides encrypted, low-latency voice chat. Supports group conferences, for talking amongst friends: has a mute/deafen feature, also supports textchat. A suitable free software replacement for Google Hangout, Skype, Ventrillo, TeamSpeak and many more.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.