Broaden your selection: Category/Live-communications
- Automates most tasks on video and audio streaming.
Besides being a free/libre software, its goals are:
- Move past command-line based streaming, by automating things.
- Provide audio/video feedback for the volunteer at the station to monitor the streaming.
Its current features include:
- Behave slightly differently according to user actions or loss of the feed.
- GTK+ graphical user interface.
- Ease to switch between testing mode -- for testing the audio and video chain without broadcasting -- to stream mode, which broadcasts the feeds.
- In the event of main camera source failure, ABYSS changes the pipeline to fetch the video source from a backup USB webcam and then starts broadcasting again.
- Each stream is actually recorded locally in three forms to allow easy post-processing: audio-only, raw-video, and audio-video.
ABYSS was previously know as Libre-Streamer.
- Actor platform
- The Actor platform allows you to run a server for clients running the free software Actor messaging and group chat app on their computers and other devices.
NB: Actor platform needs other modules in order to work, which is not covered by this entry.
- "Classified ads" is messaging system for exchange of private and public messages between humans, and maybe other primates. Features of the program include, but are not limited to:
* Sending and retrieving messages public and private, between humans or inside groups * No need for server-side support of any kind * Minimal hassle for the end-user * No need for contracts with any service-operators, not counting your ISP * Identification of message senders while allowing some withdrawal of personal details * Text-based search of public posting
- Multiplatform raster graphical editor enabling simultaneous drawing between users. Project including several sub projects as server, painting framework, network library, desktop application and protocol design and documentation.
- The Farstream (formerly Farsight2) project is an effort to create a framework to deal with all known audio/video conferencing protocols. On one side it offers a generic API that makes it possible to write plugins for different streaming protocols, on the other side it offers an API for clients to use those plugins.
This package provides Python bindings for Farstream.
- Fire★ is a a simple platform for decentralized communication and computation.
Provides a simple application platform for developing p2p applications
and share these applications with others in a chat like user interface.
You don't send a message to someone, you send an program, which can have rich content. All programs are wired up together automatically providing distributed communication, either through text, images, or games.
The source code to all applications is available immediately to instantly clone and modify.
- Gajim is a Jabber/XMPP client written in PyGTK. The goal of Gajim project is to provide a full featured and easy to use XMPP client. Gajim works nicely with GNOME, but does not require it to run.
- GnomeMeeting 2
- GnomeMeeting is a video conferencing software for GNU/Linux. It is designed for the Gnome Desktop and is compatible with the H.323 standard. It works with or without webcam and supports ILS directories.
- Guile-toxcore provides high level Scheme bindings for the Tox protocol library, libtoxcore.
- Gumnut is a moderated, distributed, discussion forum that may be used by groups of people to find an agreed positive direction for any decisions that affect that group. Each group may be of any size and associated by geography, common interest, or both.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.