Broaden your selection: Category/Science
- AeroCalc is a python package that performs various aeronautical engineering calculations. Currently, it contains the following main modules:
- BRL-CAD includes an interactive geometry editor, parallel ray-tracing support for rendering and geometric analysis, path-tracing for realistic image synthesis, network distributed framebuffer support, image-processing and signal-processing tools.
- Life cycle assessment, Monte Carlo uncertainty analysis, visualization of results
- GNU C-Graph is a tool for visualizing the mathematical operation of convolution underlying natural phenomena susceptible to analysis in terms of engineering signals and systems theory. "C-Graph" is an abbreviation for "Convolution Graph". The package is derived from the BSc. Honours dissertation in Electrical Engineering "Interactive Computer Package Demonstrating: Sampling Convolution and the FFT", Adrienne Gaye Thompson, University of Aberdeen (1983). The package computes the linear convolution of two signals in the time domain then compares their circular convolution by demonstrating the convolution theorem. Each signal is modelled by a register of discrete values simulating samples of a signal, and the discrete Fourier transform (DFT) computed by means of the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). GNU C-Graph is interactive, prompting the user to enter character or numerical values from the keyboard, dispensing with the learning curve for writing code. The software will be useful to students of signals and systems theory. C-Graph is written in contemporary Fortran. You can find pre-GNU development versions at: <http://codeartnow.com/code/download/c-graph-1/c-graph-version-2-preview>. Adrienne Gaye Thompson is the sole author of GNU C-Graph and looks forward to sharing further development with the FLOSS community.
- Degate is a tool that aids VLSI- reverse engineering of digital logic in integrated circuits (ICs). Degate helps you to explore layered
images from ICs. It matches standard cells on the imagery given by graphical templates and to some degree degate matches vias and wires and assists you in tracing circuit paths and in reconstructing the net list.
Degate is not a completely automatic analyzing tool. Degate helps you with some automation in your manual chip reverse engineering process.
- Electric is an electrical CAD system for designing a electrical circuits. A wide variety of file formats are supported and a range of functionality allows you to manage your products from initial design to simulation and analysis. The software is useful for displaying several different types of circuit designs, such as printed circuits or CMOS.
Electric handles custom IC layout (ASICs), schematic drawing, hardware description languages, and electro-mechanical hybrid layout. It includes the following CAD operations: design rule checking, simulation interface (8 options), PLA generation, compaction, compensation, routing (4 options), VHDL compilation, silicon compilation, and network consistency checking.
- Empirical gramians can be computed for linear and nonlinear control systems for purposes of model order reduction, uncertainty quantification or system identification. Model reduction using empirical gramians can be applied to the state space, the parameter space of dynamical systems and control systems. The emgr framework is a compact open source toolbox for (empirical) gramian-based model reduction and compatible with OCTAVE and MATLAB.
- FreeSnell is a program which computes optical properties of multilayer thin-film coatings. Dielectric, metallic, and granular metallic films are supported. The FreeSnell package includes a SCM script (program) "nk" to create, manage, and query a refractive-index spectral database.
- GDC is a utility to calculate compressible flow (Gas Dynamics Calculator). It provides calculations for isentropic nozzle, isothermal nozzle, isothermal, Fanno, Rayleigh flow, etc. It also provide calculations for shock and oblique shock by direct calculations (no iteration, probably the only one that can do it). The result are in plain text, LaTeX, or a range of values.
- Program to use EPE Digital IC tester in Linux systems. It allows to test circuits, build test algorithms, test SRAM or read PROM chips. Both GUI and command-line versions, works in Linux and Windows (Qt).
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.