Broaden your selection: Category/Science
- AeroCalc is a python package that performs various aeronautical engineering calculations. Currently, it contains the following main modules:
- In short, Aletheia is software for getting science published and into the hands of everyone, for free. It's a decentralised and distributed database used as a publishing platform for scientific research. So, Aletheia is software. But software without people is nothing. To comprehensively answer the question what is Aletheia, Aletheia is software surrounded by a community of people who want to change the world through open access to scientific knowledge. For a more in depth explanation, Aletheia is an Ethereum Blockchain application utilising IPFS for decentralised storage that anyone can upload documents to, download documents from, that also handles the academic peer review process. The application runs on individual PCs, all forming part of the IPFS database. This gives us an open source platform that cannot be bought out by the large publishers (and any derivitive works must also be open source) that should also be hard to take down due to the database being spread across the globe in multiple legal jurisdictions. Aletheia is designed to be a resilient platform run transparently by the community, not some black box corporation or editorial board, meaning all users can see the decisions Aletheia is making and have a stake in that decision making process if they so desire. By this nature, Aletheia is decentralised, it has no key person risk. Should the core group who invented Aletheia dissapear Aletheia won't cease to exist, it will continue to be run by the community. The community moderates content through various mechanisms (peer review, reputation scores etc.,) to ensure quality of content.
- Arvados enables you to quickly begin using cloud computing resources in your data science work. It allows you to track your methods and datasets, share them securely, and easily re-run analyses.
- 'Asymptote' is a script-based vector graphics language for technical drawing, inspired by MetaPost but with an improved C++-like syntax. It provides for figures the same high-quality level of typesetting that LaTeX does for scientific text. It is a programming language, not just a graphics program, so it can use the best features of both scripts and GUIs. High-level graphics commands are implemented in the language itself, so they can be tailored to specific applications. Labels and equations are typeset with LaTeX for high-quality PostScript output.
- Avogadro is an advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas. It offers flexible high quality rendering and a powerful plugin architecture.
- International: Translations into Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and others, with more languages to come.
- Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
- Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
- Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts.
- Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of chemical files, input generation for multiple computational chemistry packages, crystallography, and biomolecules.
- BRL-CAD includes an interactive geometry editor, parallel ray-tracing support for rendering and geometric analysis, path-tracing for realistic image synthesis, network distributed framebuffer support, image-processing and signal-processing tools.
- besssugo is a free computational tool specifically designed to aid a cognizant expert—i.e. you, whether an engineer, scientist, technician, geek, etc—to build videos showing the result of a certain scientific calculation or whatever data can be computed or storied in a digital computer. Technically speaking, it is a plugin for the computational tool wasora, which provides means to parse and understand a high-level plain-text input file containing algebraic expressions, data for function interpolation, differential equations and output instructions amongst other facilities. Therefore, any mathematical computation which can be done by wasora—i.e. solving systems of differential-algebraic equations, multidimensional interpolation of scattered data, numerical integration and differentiation, etc.—can be combined with the facilities that besssugo provides to create visual representations in the form of animations.
- Biskit is a python library for structural bioinformatics research. It simplifies the analysis of macromolecular structures, protein complexes, and molecular dynamics trajectories and offers a platform for the rapid integration of external programs.
- BKchem is a chemical drawing program written in Python. It is platform independent.
- The BlockCanvas project provides a visual environment for creating simulation experiments, where function and data are separated. Thus, you can define your simulation algorithm by visually connecting function blocks into a data flow network, and then run it with various data sets (known as "contexts"); likewise, you can use the same context in a different functional simulation. The project provides support for plotting, function searching and inspection, and optimization. It includes a stand-alone application that demonstrates the block-canvas environment, but the same functionality can be incorporated into other applications. The BlockCanvas project relies on included libraries that allow multiple data sets using Numeric arrays to be incorporated in a Traits-based model in a way that is simple, fast, efficient, and consistent.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.