Synchronize files and folders
FreeFileSync is a program that lets you synchronize files and folders.
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders
- Copy locked files (Volume Shadow Copy Service)
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions
- Binary file comparison
- Configure handling of Symbolic Links
- Automate sync as a batch job
- Process multiple folder pairs
- Comprehensive and detailed error reporting
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse)
- Copy NTFS security permissions
- Support long file paths with more than 260 characters
- Fail-safe file copy
- Expand environment variables like
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks)
- Keep versions of deleted/updated files
- Prevent disc space bottlenecks via optimal sync sequence
- Full Unicode support
- Highly optimized runtime performance
- Include/exclude files via filter
- FreeFileSync portable and local installation available
- Handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32
- Use macros
%date%, et al. for recurring backups
- Case-sensitive synchronization
- Built-in locking: serialize multiple jobs running against the same network share
3 December 2014
A copy of the license is included in the source distribution.
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.