GeniusTrader aims to be a full featured toolbox to create trading systems. Powerful systematic trading requires several things:
- many indicators and corresponding signals
- money management rules
- deciding what is a reasonable amount of money to put on a single trade (to limit the risk associated to that trade)
- combining different values within the portfolio (to limit the global risk)
- flexibility to be able to test all
- combinations with the above items
- backtesting system with analysis of results
GeniusTrader already has support of most of this. GeniusTrader consists of a bunch of Perl modules associated to a few perl scripts.
DocumentationUser tutorial available in HTML format from http://www.geniustrader.org/first_use.html
- IRC Help channel
- IRC development channel
released on 9 June 2003
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|GPLv2orlater||Janet Casey||9 June 2003|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Developer||VCS Repository Webview||http://www.geniustrader.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 29 May 2010.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.