Collection of various files
Miscfiles is a collection of data files for airport codes, zip codes, a dictionary, and more.
- abbrevs.talk, abbrevs.gen — Some common abbreviations used in electronic communication
- airport — List of three letter codes for some major airports
- ascii — A map of the ascii character set
- bcp-index.txt — Best Current Practice indexes. Internet standardization documents
- birthtoken — Traditional stone and flower for each month
- cities.dat — geographic coordinates of many major cities
- connectives — English `connectives'; prepositions, pronouns, and the like
- countries — country abbreviations and names and capital cities
- currency — currency abbreviations and names
- fyi-index.txt — For Your Information indexes. Internet standardization documents
- GNU-manifesto — The GNU Manifesto
- inter.phone — International country telephone codes
- languages — two-letter codes for languages, from ISO 639-1
- latin1 — like `ascii'; describing the ISO Latin-1 character set
- mailinglists — Description of all the public Project GNU related mailing lists
- na.phone — North American (+1) telephone area codes
- na.postalcodes — postal codes for US states and Canadian provinces
- operator — Precedence table for operators in the C language
- propernames — Some common proper names
- rfc-index.txt — Request for comments indexes. Internet standardization documents
- std-index.txt — Standard indexes of internet standardization documents
- std-index.txt — Indexes of internet standardization documents
- top-level.domains — Top-level domains, based on IANA
- unicode — The official Unicode character set table
- web2 — Webster's Second International English wordlist
- web2a — Webster's Second Internations appendix english wordlist
released on 17 November 2010
Accepts cryptocurrency donations.
git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/miscfiles.git
27 March 2001
Leaders and contributors
|Alfred M. Szmidt||maintainer|
Resources and communication
|VCS Repository Webview||https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/miscfiles.git|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 31 May 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.