- Fileutils, Shellutils, and Textutils have been combined into the GNU Coreutils package.
Textutils contains the following software:
- cat- concatenates and prints files on the standard output
- cksum- checksum and count the bytes in a file
- comm- compares two sorted files line by line
- csplit- splits a file into sections determined by context lines
- cut- remove sections from each line of files
- expand- convert tabs to spaces
- fmt- simple optimal text formatter
- fold- wrap each input line to fit in specified width
- head- output the first part of files
- join- join lines of two files on a common field
- md5sum- compute and check MD5 messsage digest
- nl- number lines of files
- od- dump files in octal and other formats
- paste- merge lines of files
- ptx- produce a permuted index of file contents
- pr- convert text files for printing
- sort- sort lines of text files
- split- split a file into pieces
- sum- checksum and count the blocks in a file
- tac- concatenates and prints files in reverse
- tail- outputs the last part of files
- tr- translates or deletes characters
- tsort- perform topological sort
- unexpand- convert spaces to tabs
- uniq- remove duplicate lines from a sorted file
- wc- prints the number of bytes, words, and lines in files
This program has been folded into coreutils. Please see that entry (http://directory.fsf.org/coreutils.html) for the latest information on this software. This project was a GNU package. It has since been decommissioned and is no longer developed.
This is a GNU package:Coreutils
released on 6 August 2002
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 10 January 2017.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.