Broaden your selection: Category/Security
- AGT is a console frontend for iptables. It lets you specify options in easy-to-read configuration files, so you can quickly make complex changes to your firewall/gateway.
- APSR is a TCP/IP packet sender to test firewalls and other network applications. It also includes a syn flood option, the land DoS attack, a DoS attack against tcpdump running on a UNIX-based system, a UDP-flood attack, and a ping flood option. It currently supports the following protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, Ethernet frames and you can also build any other type of protocol using the generic option. This package was formerly known as APSEND.
- Adblock Plus
Antifeature: Tracking comment Adblock Plus is ineffective for surveillance protection by default as it comes with Acceptable Ads enabled: These ads are not meant to be "ads that don't track you".
Blocks banners, pop-ups, tracking, malware. By default, nonintrusive ads aren't blocked in order to support websites.
The add-on is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.Starting with Adblock Plus 2.0 there is an option in Filter Preferences to allow some non-intrusive advertising. The goal is to support websites using non-intrusive ways to advertise and to encourage more websites to do the same.
- Alfandega Firewall
- Alfandega Firewall is a collection of Perl modules that helps users to implement iptables-based firewalls for two interfaces. It provides local and remote blacklists, spoofing checks, packet forwarding, ICMP control, service configuration, and more.
- If you are a broadband or dial-up user who doesn't have a firewall script, you need to get one to protect yourself. AutoFW is intended to help you do that with no hassles. Many people when connecting to the internet need a firewall script made for them so they can surf the net without being susceptible to various attacks. Most, if not all (until now :-), of the existing scripts are written for a large range of requirements and require some tweaking to make them work for a specific user. However many users do not know which parameters to fill in the script config file. AutoFW intends to provide a simple firewall script that you just need to fire and forget. You make sure to run it on computer start-up or just before connecting to the net, and it will detect network condition and setup appropriate firewall rules for you. In order to be "smart" AutoFW has to be limited, the current scope of AutoFW are standard broadband connections, it will also cover dial-up users and stand-alone servers.
- BlockIt monitors the Snort alert file and creates either IPTables, IPChains, IPFWADM, or Checkpoint Firewall rules. This version is only for GNU/Linux. BlockIt has built-in CIDR support for multiple target IPs and whitelist support. Additional features include MySQL logging and email logging.
- Bulldog Firewall
- 'Bulldog' is a powerful but lightweight firewall for heavy use systems. It allows dynamic and static rules sets for maximum protection and has several advanced features. Be prepared to spend some time setting this up. If you are looking for a "quick fix", then you are on the wrong site. BullDog is NOT a quick fix, but rather one step in a complete security policy.
- Dante is a free implementation of the proxy protocols socks version 4, socks version 5 (rfc1928), and msproxy. It can be used as a firewall between networks. The package consists of two parts, a socks server and a proxy client which supports socks, msproxy, and HTTP proxies.
- The Doorman is a "port-knocking" listener daemon which helps users secure private servers. It allows a Unix server to run invisibly, with all TCP ports closed.
- Easy Firewall Generator
- Easy Firewall Generator is a Web application that generates an iptables firewall script designed either for a single system connected to the Internet or for a system acting as a gateway/firewall for a small private network. The generator prompts recursively for various options; when the selected options form a complete set, it generates and returns a commented firewall script based on those options.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.