Broaden your selection: Category/Interface
- Calibre is an e-book manager that can view, convert, edit and catalog e-books in all of the major e-book formats. It's a complete e-library solution that includes library management, e-book format conversion, newsfeed to e-book conversion, integrated e-book viewer, and synchronization with e-reader devices.
- A Java-based integrated development environment (IDE) and platform for rich client applications originally created by IBM.
- GNOME mailer, calender, contact manager, PIM The Evolution mailer supports POP, IMAP, SMTP, and other standards, and can decrypt PGP and GPG messages. You can have multiple POP and IMAP servers, with separate email identities for multiple accounts. You can reorganize, group, and sort data by clicking and dragging, and build virtual folders to select mail meeting set criteria. Vfolders update automatically to include new mail. The interface is based on the GtkHTML library; this allows quick formatting and display of simple data. Plug-in Bonobo components handle more complicated data like audio, video, or PDF, which can be embedded into the message display window. The GtkHTML editor widget creates RTF or plain text messages. The composer communicates with the contact manager to select mail recipients. The calendar allows distributed scheduling and synchs with PalmOS-based organizers. The user interface views and modifies the calendar; a server monitors calendar entries, pops up reminder windows, and exports NTML data for Web publishing. The contact manager prints in many formats and synchronizes with the Palm OS. Its front-end user interface and back-end server makes it accessible from many applications. The local server can talk to remote servers to maintain shareable databases.
- FileZilla client
- FileZilla is a FTP client with a nice graphical front-end. Features include:
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Configurable Speed limits
- Drag & drop support
- Filename filtering on filename (regex support), file size, and user/group permissions.
- Directory comparison to quickly see differences between files on the local machine and the server
- Synchronized directory browsing, such that if you have an identical directory structure on the local machine and the server, means that any directory navigation on one machine is duplicated on the other.
- Remote file search
- IPv6 support
- Geary is an email application built around conversations, for the GNOME 3 desktop. It allows you to read, find and send email with a straightforward, modern interface.
- Grab images from any Wayland compositor which supports the screencopy protocol. Works well with slurp.
- Image viewer for X11/Wayland
- LibreOffice is the power-packed personal productivity suite that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. There are also a good and growing number of free software extensions and templates available. LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice.org, which is now called Apache OpenOffice. Because Apache OpenOffice hosts and recommends using proprietary extensions, we do not recommend using it.
- Luakit is a highly configurable browser framework based on the WebKit web content engine and the GTK+ toolkit. It is very fast, extensible with Lua, and licensed under the GNU GPLv3 license. It is primarily targeted at power users, developers and anyone who wants to have fine-grained control over their web browser’s behaviour and interface.
- mako is a lightweight notification daemon for Wayland compositors that support the layer-shell protocol.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.