ABYSS Broadcast Your Stream Successfully
Automates some streaming operations and provides feedback for volunteers
Automates most tasks on video and audio streaming.
Besides being a free/libre software, its goals are:
- Move past command-line based streaming, by automating things.
- Provide audio/video feedback for the volunteer at the station to monitor the streaming.
Its current features include:
- Behave slightly differently according to user actions or loss of the feed.
- GTK+ graphical user interface.
- Ease to switch between testing mode -- for testing the audio and video chain without broadcasting -- to stream mode, which broadcasts the feeds.
- In the event of main camera source failure, ABYSS changes the pipeline to fetch the video source from a backup USB webcam and then starts broadcasting again.
- Each stream is actually recorded locally in three forms to allow easy post-processing: audio-only, raw-video, and audio-video.
ABYSS was previously know as Libre-Streamer.
released on 9 March 2016
- UI Toolkit:gtk
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|License:GPLv3orlater||Adfeno Christopher M. Hobbs||20 May 2016|
Leaders and contributors
|David Testé (Soonum)||Developer|
Resources and communication
|Required to use||Python GTK 3.0 module|
|Required to use||Python Gstreamer 1.0 module|
|Required to use||Python 3.4|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 23 December 2016.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.