Graphical FTP client
FileZilla is a FTP client with a nice graphical front-end. Features include:
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Configurable Speed limits
- Drag & drop support
- Filename filtering on filename (regex support), file size, and user/group permissions.
- Directory comparison to quickly see differences between files on the local machine and the server
- Synchronized directory browsing, such that if you have an identical directory structure on the local machine and the server, means that any directory navigation on one machine is duplicated on the other.
- Remote file search
- IPv6 support
There is a free software server as well that runs only on Windows. See our FTP category for a list of free software FTP servers that run on GNU/Linux.
Warning: the Windows installer bundles adware; use the ZIP download instead.
24 September 2013
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Bug tracker||Bug Tracking||http://trac.filezilla-project.org/|
|Debian (Ref) (R)||https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/filezilla|
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.