Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- will offer search and tools to reduce your data, keep it clean, fast and easy. in alpha development stage.
- Amarok is a cross-platform multimedia player that uses the Phonon sound server framework to play audio media and streams, and features a fresh and efficient approach to playlist handling. The emphasis is on the quick and easy user interface, allowing for fast access to the media library.
- Audacious is a free software audio player. A descendant of XMMS, Audacious plays your music how you want it, without stealing away your computer’s resources from other tasks. Drag and drop folders and individual song files, search for artists and albums in your entire music library, or create and edit your own custom playlists. Listen to CD’s or stream music from the Internet. Tweak the sound with the graphical equalizer or experiment with LADSPA effects. Enjoy the modern GTK-themed interface or change things up with Winamp Classic skins. Use the plugins included with Audacious to fetch lyrics for your music, to set an alarm in the morning, and more.
- blind is a collection of commands for creating and composing new videos as well as editing existing videos. Blind uses a custom raw video format for editing and composing which is very extensible and source control friendly.
- Clementine is a multi-platform music player focusing on a fast and
easy-to-use interface for searching and playing your music.
Summary of included features :
- Search and play your local music library.
- Listen to internet radio from Last.fm, SomaFM and Magnatune.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX.
- Visualisations from projectM.
- Transcode music into MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or AAC
- Edit tags on MP3 and OGG files, organise your music.
- Download missing album cover art from Last.fm.
- Native desktop notifications using libnotify.
- Supports MPRIS, or remote control using the command-line.
- Remote control using a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line.
- Copy music to your iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player.
- Queue manager.
- DeaDBeeF (as in 0xDEADBEEF) is a graphical, yet lightweight audio player.
- Command-line tools for audio playback, processing, and whatever else related to audio. dtas follows the worse-is-better philosophy and acts as duct tape to combine existing command-line tools for flexibility and ease-of-development. dtas is currently implemented in Ruby (and some embedded shell), but may use other languages in the future. Currently, primarily wraps sox commands but may also use ecasound (or any command-line driven audio processing tools).
- EasyTAG is an utility for viewing, editing, and writing tags for your MP3, MP2, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC files using a nice simple GTK+ user interface. Features include (among others):
- view, edit, write MP3, MP2, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis tags
- can edit more tag fields : Title, Artist, Album, Disc Album, Year, Track Number, Genre, Comment, Composer, Original Artist/Performer, Copyright, URL and Encoder name
- auto tagging: parse filename and directory to automatically complete the fields (using masks)
- ability to rename files and directories from the tag (using masks) or by loading a text file
- process selected files of the selected directory
- ability to browse subdirectories
- recursion for tagging, removing, renaming, saving, etc.
- can set a field (artist, title, …) to all other selected files
- read file header information (bitrate, time, …) and display them
- auto completion of the date if a partial is entered
- undo and redo last changes
- can process fields of tag and file name (convert letters into uppercase, lowercase, ...)
- ability to open a directory or a file with an external program
- a tree based browser or a view by Artist & Album
- a list to select files
- a playlist generator window
- a file searching window
- simple and explicit interface
- optional Nautilus extension
- Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian translation languages
- ActivityPub compliant server, designed for simplicity and accessibility. Includes calendar, news and sharing economy features to empower your federated community.
- FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.