Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- The Farstream (formerly Farsight2) project is an effort to create a framework to deal with all known audio/video conferencing protocols. On one side it offers a generic API that makes it possible to write plugins for different streaming protocols, on the other side it offers an API for clients to use those plugins.
This package provides Python bindings for Farstream.
- Linphone is an Internet phone or Voice Over IP phone (VoIP). It lets you make two-party phone calls using an IP network such as the Internet.
- Mumble is a voicechat program. There are two modules in Mumble: the client (mumble) and the server (murmur). It provides encrypted, low-latency voice chat. Supports group conferences, for talking amongst friends: has a mute/deafen feature, also supports textchat. A suitable free software replacement for Google Hangout, Skype, Ventrillo, TeamSpeak and many more.
- The paraslash package contains server and client software for network audio streaming and stand-alone utilities for decoding and playing audio files.
- XBMC, or XBOX Media Center, is a media player and organizer intended for use on home theatre PC's. Despite the name, it also runs on GNU/Linux, Windows and OS X. It can play audio, video, and image files, features a heavily customizable user interface, and supports many different remote control models.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.