Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- 'abcde' is a frontend to cdparanoia, wget, cd-discid, id3, and your favorite Ogg/MP3/Flac encoder (Oggenc is the default). With one comand, it grabs a CD, converts each track to Ogg/MP3/Flac, and comments or ID3-tags each file. It supports multiple output in a single CD read, volume normalization, gapless encoding (with Lame), parallelization, SMP, HTTP proxies, customizable filename organization and munging, playlist generation, and remote distributed encoding via distmp3.
- Adcd is a CD player for GNU/Linux with a ncurses (text mode) interface. It features all the functions expected in a compact disc player, including playing selected tracks, random playing and loop mode. Also features a non-interactive mode for those who want to play their CDs while using the console for something else.
- Arson is a KDE frontend to various CD burning and ripping tools. It was originally written to burn audio CDs, as there were no other frontends that used cdrdao (in disk at once mode), that could decode various encoded audio formats (mp3, ogg), and that displayed an accurate track length as the playlist was created. Arson was later expanded to include full progress display for all lengthy operations, audio CD burning, normalization of tracks before burning to even out volumes, data CD burning, CdIndex support (a free CDDB-like service), CD-to-CD copying (direct or with an intermediate file), and audio CD ripping/encoding (ripping tracks from a CD to files), and encoding to WAV, MP3, and Ogg Vorbis formats is supported. Data CD burning and [S]VCD image creation and burning are supported.
- 'autorun' automagically recognizes all available CDROMs in the system, mounts them upon insertion of a media and executes a possible autorun executable on the CD. The user can remove the media; autorun will call unmount after that.
- BRL-CAD includes an interactive geometry editor, parallel ray-tracing support for rendering and geometric analysis, path-tracing for realistic image synthesis, network distributed framebuffer support, image-processing and signal-processing tools.
- 'bchunk' converts CD images in the raw BIN/CUE format to a set of tracks in ISO 9660 format, which can be then written on a CD-R using cdrecord. Audio tracks are written in CDR (native CD audio) or WAV format.
- Bestfit is a small program to determine which files that should be put on a CD (or other media), so that as little space as possible is wasted. It is very easy to use: you specify files on the command line, and bestfit prints the names of those that were selected. Alternatively, bestfit can execute a command for each selected file (eg. to move them to a different directory).
- 'Biblos' is a powerful indexing tool for managing a cd/mp3 collection as well as local directories. It records full information about each file on the specified media and has a powerful searching tool that can help you find specific files. You can also select a list of files/dirs from the database and Biblos will help you copy them from the source media to the directory choosen.
- Bonfire is yet another application to burn discs for the gnome desktop. It is designed to be as simple as possible and has some unique features to enable users to create their discs easily and quickly. Features:
- burn / copy / erase data and audio discs (big surprise)
- allow full editing of data discs (remove/move/rename files inside a directory added to the selection) as well as audio discs
- a customisable GUI (when used with GDL)
- a search widget based on beagle
- file change notification (requires kernel > 2.6.13)
- Drag and Drop from nautilus and others apps
- support any song format supported by gstreamer
- a song and film previewer (thanks to Gstreamer) (to be extended later)
- the ability to use files on a network as long as the protocol is handled by gnome-vfs
- the display of all playlists and their contents (automatically detected through beagle)
- devices detection thanks to HAL
- 'breeze' aims to be a fast and powerful CD Digital-Audio Player. It may run as either a console app or as a daemon. It can control a cdrom that is playing live, can change track to the next or previous one, jcan jump backward or forward, and set a playlist and your information about cdda.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.