Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with-format
- Advanced GTK+ Sequencer (AGS) is intended to use for music composition. It features a piano roll, as well a synth, matrix editor, drum machine, soundfont2 player, mixer and an output panel. Further it has LADSPA, DSSI and Lv2 plugin support. It's designed to be highly configurable. You may add effects to its effect chain; and add or remove audio channels/pads. You may set up a fully functional network of engines, thus there is a link editor for linking audio lines. AGS requires a realtime kernel and ALSA support. AGS uses conditional locks to keep several threads in sync that's why you need at least a preemptable kernel. LADSPA support has been added to version 0.4.2 as well export to WAV. Version 0.5.x brings you first concurrent audio tree processing support. Version 0.6.x is dedicated to accessibility. You might control GSequencer by keyboard. As you move to a note it provides you an audible feedback. Version 0.7.x gives you the benefit of providing the libraries libags, libags-thread, libags-server, libags-audio and libgsequencer. It contains for now an automation editor. Open Sound System (OSS4) and JACK Audio Connection Kit support has been added recently. Now you may configure multiple soundcards. Since 0.7.111 there is MIDI input available. Let you record your MIDI instrument and doing live performance.
- Free Software command-line tools for audio playback, processing, and whatever else related to audio. dtas follows the worse-is-better philosophy and acts as duct tape to combine existing command-line tools for flexibility and ease-of-development. dtas is currently implemented in Ruby (and some embedded shell), but may use other languages in the future. Currently, primarily wraps sox commands but may also use ecasound (or any command-line driven audio processing tools).
- The Farstream (formerly Farsight2) project is an effort to create a framework to deal with all known audio/video conferencing protocols. On one side it offers a generic API that makes it possible to write plugins for different streaming protocols, on the other side it offers an API for clients to use those plugins. This package provides Python bindings for Farstream.
- FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Its components include:
- ffmpeg – Converts one video file format to another and supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.
- ffserver – HTTP (RTSP is being developed) multimedia streaming server for live broadcasts that supports time shifting.
- ffplay – simple media player based on SDL and the ffmpeg libraries
- ffprobe – a media file prober
- libavcodec – library containing all FFmpeg audio/video encoders and decoders (most developed from scratch for best performances and high reusability)
- libavfilter – video and audio filtering library
- libavformat – library of parsers and generators for all common audio/video formats
- libavutil – utility library containing functions used by all FFmpeg components
- libswscale – video scaler and pixel format converter
- libswresample – audio resampler and sample format converter
- libpostproc – video post-processing library
- HandBrake is a graphical video converter.
- Title / Chapter selection
- Queue up multiple encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preview
- Lib-Ray Video Tools
- LRVT is the reference implementation of Lib-Ray, a video standard for fixed media with no technical restrictions like encryption or region codes. It is proposed as a replacement for restricted formats like DVD and Blu-ray, and builds on existing open standards like HTML5 and MKV. The end result is a DRM-free format that supports interactive menus and video playback from a disc, flash memory card or other fixed storage.
- Libav is a complete, cross-platform solution to decode, encode, record, convert and stream audio and video. This package contains the avplay multimedia player, the avserver streaming server, the avconv audio and video encoder, and the avprobe stream analyzer. They support most existing file formats (AVI, MPEG, OGG, Matroska, ASF...) and encoding formats (MPEG, DivX, MPEG4, AC3, DV...). Additionally, it contains the qt-faststart utility which rearranges Quicktime files to facilitate network streaming. This package also serves as a replacement for the former 'ffmpeg' package.
- MediaCrush is a media sharing server and Web service. You can upload images, sound and videos in convenient ways. Many free clients are available for it, as well as browser add-ons.
- MusE is a MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities. MusE aims to be a complete multitrack virtual studio.
- Natron is a video compositing software, developed by the INRIA.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.