GNU Compact Disc Input and Control Library
CD-ROM access library.
Libcdio is a library for CD-ROM and CD image file access. It allows the developer to add CD access to an application without having to worry about the OS- and device-dependent properties of CD-ROM or the specific details of CD image formats. It includes pycdio, a Python interface to libcdio, and libcdio-paranoia, a library providing jitter-free and error-free audio extraction from CDs.
The libcdio package also contains a number of utility programs, including:
- cd-info, displays CD information ;
- cd-drive, decribes CD-ROM/DVD drive characteristics ;
- cd-read, performs low-level block reading of a CD or CD image ;
- iso-info, displays ISO-9660 information from an ISO-9660 image ;
- iso-read, extracts files from an ISO-9660 image ;
- cd-paranoia - extracts audio from a CD in a jitter.
8 January 2017
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|Debian (Ref) (R)
|VCS Repository Webview
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.