Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- Bibfilex is a bibliographic manager. It's useful for creating and managing archives of bibliographical items (books, articles, etc.) with possible attachments of any kind according to Biblatex structure and rules, but it can be used also with a word processor like Writer or Word.
Bibfilex may create and manage files which are catalogs of many items – also thousands of them. A file of Bibfilex is a database of SQLite. In a Bibfilex file data are not stored according to Biblatex format, so it cannot be used as a bibliographic file in a Latex document. Anyway, Biblatex may export with a one-click functionality all or part of its content in Biblatex format file; this can be read directly with JabRef or used in a Latex document. At the same time, Bibfilex may import directly a JabRef database.
- 'bingo-cards' lets you create number, word/letter, and picture bingo cards. They can be used for entertainment in the car, in a classroom (for example, to teach the element symbols for the Periodic Table), or just with your kids. You can also create cards with little pictures of everyday objects, then call the names out in Spanish, French, Italian, or German (or whatever you fancy).
- Canvas is a feature-rich learning management system.
- Claroline is a Web-based e-Learning platform that lets users or institutions host courses administered by professors or teachers through the Web. It features a quiz generator, calendar, file manager, forums, group area, course description, and more. It is available in 12 languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Danish, Swedish, Polish, Thai, and Chinese. The same server can host courses in different languages.
- Diogenes is a set of Perl scripts designed to search the Latin and ancient Greek texts published on CD-Rom by the Packard Humanities Institute and the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae. Components include a Perl module, a command-line interface, and a CGI script with an HTTP server that is capable of delivering texts as HTML, PDF or GIF (via LaTeX). You can search by regular expressions, or in the case of the TLG, via the Greek word index. There is also a browser that can search on passages by location.
- Dr. geo
- Dr. Geo, a libre software to design & manipulate interactive geometric sketches with constraints.
Dr. Geo aim is to be an open, easy to study, modify and extend interactive geometry software. It is distributed with its source code you can modify while using it. Ten years old kids use Dr. Geo to explore Euclidean geometric sketch, agile kids extend and program it with its embedded dynamic Smalltalk language and user interface.
Just like other interactive geometry software such as Cabri, Cinderella, Geogebra, Carmetal, with Dr. Geo the user creates a geometric sketch and manipulates it according to its constraints. What sets Dr.Geo apart from the other geometry software is the possibility of studying and even modifying/extending its source code while s/he is using it to create a figure.
All in all, its philosophy is also to empower the user with direct access to the Dr. Geo arcane and programming. For example, with script, one can build a geometric sketch to compute the slope at an arbitrary location of a given curve. Or the user can describe a recursive curve with Smalltalk programmed sketch.
It is distributed as an universal portable application: you can install it in a usb stick and run it anywhere: Dr. Geo is Modify-me Ready! But don't be afraid, if you only want to design interactive sketch, Dr. Geo is intuitive and easy to use.
It is also tablet ready for both Android and iPad.
- DrPython is a highly customizable, simple, and clean editing environment for developing Python programs. It is intended primarily for use in schools, and is a tribute to DrScheme.
- FET is free software (using heuristic algorithms) for automatically generating the timetable of a school, high-school or university.
- Gretools is a vocabulary building tool for GNOME. It is a fun and efficient way to learn words. It uses a modified version of the word list at http://pllab.kaist.ac.kr/~gladius/gre/, which has about 4000 words. Gretools consists of a synonym quiz and a word guessing game. It also allows you to look up words. It automatically remembers the words that gave you difficulty, and lets you revise them. You can set a filter to restrict the space of words used for practice. It is particularly useful for preparing for word tests.
- iGNUit is a memorization aid based on the Leitner flashcard system. It has a GNOME look and feel, a good selection of quiz options, and supports UTF-8. Cards can include embedded audio, images, and mathematical formulae (via LaTeX). iGNUit can import and export several file formats, including CSV. Ignuit can be used for both long-term learning and cramming.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.