Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- will offer search and tools to reduce your data, keep it clean, fast and easy. in alpha development stage.
- Typist is a typing tutor package built using Curses. The package has tutorials, drills, and practice sessions to learn touch typing. The emphasis is on the US computer keyboard layout, but lessons for Dvorak and other keyboard types and languages are also included. The program also has Native Language Support and is distributed with messages in many different languages.
- Ibus Table Sasankadeva
- Ibus-table that uses the Sasankadeva layout for typing Bengali or Sanskrit in Bengali script. Sasankadeva (Unicode) is semi-phonetic transliteration keyboard, i.e., a midway between the accuracy of grammatical typing and the ease of phonetic Indic typing. The ease has been ensured in many ways, including spelling statistics, character combinations and multiple options to be used as suits. Along with its own set of input keys, most popular input strings from widely used Avro Phonetic and itrans-Bangla are also supported. Apart from useful well-defined shortcuts that save time while typing, there are fixed phonetic-based layout for all usual character combinations in Indian Bengali, so that the user can practically type without looking at the screen if he chooses to. Also, suggestions come up to be selected from, if one is more comfortable with them. It aims at making an algorithm that provides space for both well-defined inputs with phonetic variations, has sets of methods that suits both professional and layman typing with one or two hands, that are easy to learn and easier to apply. The interface has been built in ibus-table environment. Official website: https://sites.google.com/view/sasankadeva
- KTouch is a tough typing program that currently supports English, German, Norwegian, Latin American, Portugese and French keyboards.
- Klavaro is a program that teachs you to touch type and/or helps you to improve your skills with the keyboard.Features include:
- Internationalization: Czech, English, Esperanto, French (incomplete), German (incomplete), Hunganian, Portuguese and Swedish.
- Ready to use keyboard layouts:
- "qwerty" (BR; BR_abnt0; BR_abnt2; CZ; EL; ES; HE; IT; PT; SE; US)
- "Dvorak" (BR; FR; US; US_BR; US_ES; US_SE)
- "qwertz" (CZ; DE; HU)
- "azerty" (FR)
- "jtsuken" (RU)
- Keyboard layout editor: makes possible to configure the keys' positions and to save the result in a simple text file. If your keyboard isn't shown above, you can create it. If you need to do it, please let us know about.
- Basic course: a basic type of course is available for memorizing the keys positions on the keyboard. It is supposed to be independent from keyboard layout, by the generation of random character sequences to be followed by the student.
- Adaptability exercises: these exercises use all the keys ramdonly, so that you can practice using all the keyboard. It's named adaptability exercise because it develops the capacity to adapt your typing skills to any kind of strange words that may appear in some texts.
- Velocity exercises: one achieves velocity on typing when the environment is well known, or, when the words come from one's own language. That's why these exercises focus on velocity. And even if your language isn't supported by the application, you still can indicate texts in any language to include the words contained there.
- Fluidness exercises: with these exercises, one works typing complete paragraphs, with good sense sentences. Typing errors aren't accepted: the user must correct them with the backspace key before be allowed to go on. Especial attention is given to the typing rhythm, which must be as uniform as possible. Just like the velocity exercises, this one here makes possible to load any text files, independently of language.
- Progress charts: at the accomplishment of each exercise, some characteristics of your performance are saved and can be graphically showed. Thus, you can easily observe your learning progress (or regress).
- Clean graphical interface: when learning to type correctly, one must not get the attention off the exercises. So, it isn't recommended neither to have dozens of gauges measuring velocity, errors, time, etc; nor a virtual keyboard floating in front of the student: he/she must memorize the key positions by the tact, not visually. Hence, Klavaro's interface started simple and will remain like that for all of its lifetime.
- LibreOffice extension and IceCat add-on. This entry is about the desktop client. It finds many errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect and several grammar problems. There are a few versions available: standalone desktop client,
- Makin' Bakon
- Makin' Bakon is a typing tutor game written in C++ with STL and Curses. Save Pig from the supermaket shelves while learning to type to a professional standard! It Uses the Fortune database for some of it's exercises. Contains material that may offend!
- This is a text editor for writing math lessons and providing tools for doing all the exercises from elementary school to junior high. The software is especially designed to fulfil the needs of disabled pupils, and pupils suffering from dyspraxia in particular. The program manages the child's documents like a notebook, organized with chapters, and separating lessons, exercises and evaluations, making it very easy to navigate through the documents.
- An educational tool for teaching children powerful ideas in compelling ways
- Taisei is a freely licensed derivative of Touhou and is largely based on Touhou - Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. Taisei is available for Windows, MacOS, Switch Homebrew and many GNU/Linux distributions either in distribution package managers, Flatpak or as a Glibc-dependent static build.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.