Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- In short, Aletheia is software for getting science published and into the hands of everyone, for free. It's a decentralised and distributed database used as a publishing platform for scientific research. So, Aletheia is software. But software without people is nothing. To comprehensively answer the question what is Aletheia, Aletheia is software surrounded by a community of people who want to change the world through open access to scientific knowledge. For a more in depth explanation, Aletheia is an Ethereum Blockchain application utilising IPFS for decentralised storage that anyone can upload documents to, download documents from, that also handles the academic peer review process. The application runs on individual PCs, all forming part of the IPFS database. This gives us an open source platform that cannot be bought out by the large publishers (and any derivitive works must also be open source) that should also be hard to take down due to the database being spread across the globe in multiple legal jurisdictions. Aletheia is designed to be a resilient platform run transparently by the community, not some black box corporation or editorial board, meaning all users can see the decisions Aletheia is making and have a stake in that decision making process if they so desire. By this nature, Aletheia is decentralised, it has no key person risk. Should the core group who invented Aletheia dissapear Aletheia won't cease to exist, it will continue to be run by the community. The community moderates content through various mechanisms (peer review, reputation scores etc.,) to ensure quality of content.
- A simple a command line note-taking software that supports multi-device sync and a web interface. It is popular for building a personal knowledge base for its simplicity.
- EPrints is an online archiving system. Documents are stored in any format as well as in more than one document format. The archive can handle related fields; the administrator decides what fields to use for each document. Users can also view and search the archive through a configurable, extendable subject hierarchy . The software automatically performs data integrity checks. Some "stub" routines let individual sites add their own integrity checks. Documents are submitted through a Web-based interface, and uploaded as files, in a compressed bundled file (such as a .zip file), or automatically mirrored from another site by specifying a URL. Users subscribe either as authors or readers, via the Web or email. Authors have associated metadata. Submitted papers are entered directly or through a moderation process. This is done through the Web, as is most normal maintenance.
- GNU Library Management System
- GNU Library Management System (Glibs) is a package developed to automate the function of the Library. Though this package we intend to reach the interiors of all the libraries in the World.
- RECAP is a browser extension that improves the experience of using PACER, the electronic public access system for the U.S. Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts. It also helps you contribute records to a public archive hosted by the Internet Archive and it shows you when free documents are available on the archive.
- 'MyLibrary' is a user-driven, customizable interface to collections of Internet resources -- a portal. It is primarily designed for libraries. The system's purpose is to reduce information overload by letting patrons select as little or as much information as they desire for their personal pages.
- Project Mindfulness is an initiative to improve societal understanding of mindfulness by way of data science and computer programming. This project is 100% free (as in freedom) and open source. Feel free to contribute! Mindfulness: observing (physical or mental, positive or negative) followed by describing (internally or externally). A person skilled in mindfulness will then fully bring the mind back to baseline through an act of awareness while simultaneously accepting the observation without judgment. Click on the supplied URL and check out the README.md!
- The most comprehensive and integrated Free / Libre / Open Source enterprise software suite. WikiSuite™ is especially suited to knowledge-centric organizations and offers most (80%+) of the data and information management features all organizations need Key features of WikiSuite are OS & Network management, Email & Calendar, Commerce, Web & Intranet, Chat & Video Conference, Security, BPM & Analytics, Files & Sync. WikiSuite is an integrated and extensible solution.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.