Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- 'Aetherspace' is a project to produce multiplayer game that blends several different game genres. It is being developed by gamers as a way to learn programming. These games are currently under development and, while fun to look at, are not considered playable yet. Aetherspace has been decommissioned, as it never came to fruition.
- Asymptopia Blackjack
- Asymptopia Blackjack (aka: Motorcycle Blackjack) teaches kids to gamble without losing their allowance.
- Canvas is a feature-rich learning management system.
- Dr genius
- Dr. Genius Refers to Geometric Exploration and Numeric Intuitive User System. It is a merge of two projects: Dr. Geo and the Genius calculator. The Genius Calculator is a multiple precision calculator with an interpreted language, GEL, plus a large mathematical library written in GEL. Dr. Geo is a vector drawing software with mathematical constraints- we call this "interactive geometry." This project was a GNU package. It has since been decommissioned and is no longer developed.
- Dr. geo
- Dr. Geo, a libre software to design & manipulate interactive geometric sketches with constraints. Dr. Geo aim is to be an open, easy to study, modify and extend interactive geometry software. It is distributed with its source code you can modify while using it. Ten years old kids use Dr. Geo to explore Euclidean geometric sketch, agile kids extend and program it with its embedded dynamic Smalltalk language and user interface.
- DrPython is a highly customizable, simple, and clean editing environment for developing Python programs. It is intended primarily for use in schools, and is a tribute to DrScheme.
- FET is free software (using heuristic algorithms) for automatically generating the timetable of a school, high-school or university.
- FroZenLight connects simple line art and mathematics. The source of light can be positioned so that either symmetric reflection patterns or secret messages (Cryptography) are created. Dozens of example light patterns and some math exercises are provided.
- 'GenChemLab' is an OpenGL-based application intended to simulate several common general chemistry laboratory exercises. It is meant to be used to help students prepare for actual lab experience. Supported experiments include titration, calorimetry, freezing point depression, vapor pressure, electrochemistry, and spectrophotometry.
- Gretools is a vocabulary building tool for GNOME. It is a fun and efficient way to learn words. It uses a modified version of the word list at http://pllab.kaist.ac.kr/~gladius/gre/, which has about 4000 words. Gretools consists of a synonym quiz and a word guessing game. It also allows you to look up words. It automatically remembers the words that gave you difficulty, and lets you revise them. You can set a filter to restrict the space of words used for practice. It is particularly useful for preparing for word tests.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.