Broaden your selection: Category/Education
- In short, Aletheia is software for getting science published and into the hands of everyone, for free. It's a decentralised and distributed database used as a publishing platform for scientific research. So, Aletheia is software. But software without people is nothing. To comprehensively answer the question what is Aletheia, Aletheia is software surrounded by a community of people who want to change the world through open access to scientific knowledge. For a more in depth explanation, Aletheia is an Ethereum Blockchain application utilising IPFS for decentralised storage that anyone can upload documents to, download documents from, that also handles the academic peer review process. The application runs on individual PCs, all forming part of the IPFS database. This gives us an open source platform that cannot be bought out by the large publishers (and any derivitive works must also be open source) that should also be hard to take down due to the database being spread across the globe in multiple legal jurisdictions. Aletheia is designed to be a resilient platform run transparently by the community, not some black box corporation or editorial board, meaning all users can see the decisions Aletheia is making and have a stake in that decision making process if they so desire. By this nature, Aletheia is decentralised, it has no key person risk. Should the core group who invented Aletheia dissapear Aletheia won't cease to exist, it will continue to be run by the community. The community moderates content through various mechanisms (peer review, reputation scores etc.,) to ensure quality of content.
- Avaneya: Viking Lander Remastered DVD
- Whether you are a fan of science fiction, a space–science enthusiast, hobbyist, photographer, gamer or a patron of grass–roots libre arts and technology, you are sure to find the first successful images from the surface of Mars highly captivating. These mind blowing images were taken by NASA's Viking landers during the highly ambitious, billion–dollar mission first launched in 1975. However, many images were nearly lost to history due to magnetic tape deterioration and archaic proprietary technology. With NASA's blessing, our team developed the technology to recover many of these images. This research tool was part of the design phase of our parent project, Avaneya — our upcoming libre cerebral science fiction game for the GNU operating system set on Mars, described in the words of Richard Stallman as an exciting, pioneering project. Originally an internal research tool, overwhelming public interest compelled us to release the technology on this DVD for all. Now everyone can relive the original breathtaking experience that captured the world's attention and marked the first successful moment in history that humanity saw Mars — not as a distant, impersonal, celestial body, beheld through a telescope for centuries, but as a tangible and alien world well within its reach.
- RECAP is a browser extension that improves the experience of using PACER, the electronic public access system for the U.S. Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts. It also helps you contribute records to a public archive hosted by the Internet Archive and it shows you when free documents are available on the archive.
- JabRef is a graphical Java application for editing BibTeX (.bib) databases. JabRef lets you organize your entries into overlapping logical groups, and with a single click limit your view to a single group or an intersection or union of several groups. You can customize the entry information shown in the main window, and sort by any of the standard BibTeX fields. JabRef can autogenerate BibTeX keys for your entries. JabRef also lets you easily link to PDF or web sources for your reference entries. JabRef can import from and export to several formats, and you can customize export filters. JabRef can be run as a command line application to convert from any import format to any export format.
- Libcsdbg is a C++ exception stack tracer. When an exception is thrown, caught and handled, libcsdbg offers the tools to create and process the exception stack trace, the path the exception has propagated up the call stack, unwinding it, up to the section were it was handled. The traces are detailed with demangled function signatures and additional addr2line info (the source code file and line that each function was called). Libcsdbg will perform flawlessly with single and multi-threaded (or multi-process) programs, with any dynamically linked shared object (DSO - Dynamic Shared Object) and with any statically linked library. Additionally, libcsdbg helps the developer/tester create sophisticated stack traces of any thread, at any given moment during a process execution, as a snapshot of the runtime call graph. This is very useful in cases of fatal errors, reception of terminating signals or process abortion/termination (such as segmentation faults). libcsdbg can use all the well-known objective code file formats (a.out, elf, coff, ecoff, etc.) and can easily be used as the base for your own instrumentation code. libcsdbg transparently loads the symbol tables of the chosen dynamic libraries and of the executable, demangles function symbols to complete signatures, and binds function names to runtime addresses (even for the DSO symbols).
- Marble offers different kind of beautiful and useful map views of the Earth including OpenStreetMap. It can also search for place names and suggest routes.
- Management system for libraries and and documentation centers.
- Tag folders and files (including multimedia) by dragging the tags on them, you can create tags of various shapes and colors for a more intuitive classification. Precise search possibilities, with various input fields, allowing to add all the necessary tags that you want. For example, in one field you can add the tags cat' and 'white' and in another field you can add the tags 'dog' and 'brown', so the search result will return all white cats and brown dogs. Another more abstract example to show the available searches can be: Searh under folders that have (tag50) or (tag51 + tag52) files that have (tag1 + tag2 + tag7 + tag8) or (tag1 + tag2 + tag6 + tag9) but don't have (tag10) and (tag11). Multimedia files preview in both explorer and searcher results cards. The cover images of epubs also are shown. For images both system's default image viewer and program's new internal viewer can be launched alternatively. Usual file management actions by dragging and dropping or pressing buttons; copy, move, delete, rename. And undo button. It's possible to export/import the tagging data to a file, so data is available in any computer. Features: - Tag Folders and files easily by dragging and dropping tags created from a variety of shapes. - No installation required. Compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac OS. - Export/import data to a file. - Possible to build up very specific searches. - Various Viewmodes; from lists to cards of different sizes to preview folders and files. - Multimedia file preview in explorer/searcher. Also Epubs. - Integrated image viewer that can be launched alternatively to the system's default viewer. - Tags positions are interchangeable. - If you want a less jazzy interface you have the option to choose a 'grayscale' mode.
- The most comprehensive and integrated Free / Libre / Open Source enterprise software suite ever developed. WikiSuite™ is especially suited to knowledge-centric organizations and offers most (80%+) of the data and information management features all organizations need Key features of WikiSuite™ are OS & Network management, Email & Calendar, Commerce, Web & Intranet, Chat & Video Conference, Security, BPM & Analytics, Files & Sync. WikiSuite™ is an integrated and extensible solution.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.