Broaden your selection: Category/Game
- The aim is to find as many words as possible in the time available. Get the longest word and you'll advance to the next level. Three words describe it... Simple Addictive Fun
- Braille Scrabble
- A text-based implementation of TuxWordSmith for use in terminal. 1. Letter distribution computed fairly based on frequency of occurance of each letter with respect to installed dictionary. 2. The scoring is dynamically computed at runtime based on min/max values configured in config, and letter distribution
- Crossword Builder
- Create math or text crosswords in English, French and Portuguese-Brazillian. This application is designed to allow teachers to quickly produce well-designed, challenging activities. The application features a configuration panel where the user can either enter their own word-hint pairs, or generate math-crossword problems via a single button.
- Eliot offers three different game modes: The free game mode is the standard one, ideal for having fun with your friends or family. The players play in turn on the board, each with his own rack. In the duplicate mode, all the players are faced with the same board and letters at the same time. It is mainly used in clubs and competitions since it takes away the chance (and tactics) component(s) of the game. The training mode allows to play alone and make progress for the duplicate. It gives more freedom than the multiplayer modes.
- GNOME Sudoku
- GNOME Sudoku is a GNOME-based puzzle game based on Sudoku, a popular Japanese logic game. It provides a simple interface for playing, saving, printing, and solving Sudoku puzzles and generates symmetrical puzzles with unique solutions. It features support for infinite undo, a rating of the difficulty of games, and a memory of all games you play.
- Margana is a interactive anagrammer that performs pattern-anchored anagramming. This means that your set of letters can be anagrammed so that all words of any size that fit anywhere within the pattern, but are anchored to at least one letter of the pattern, are returned. This is especially useful for players of Scrabble and other word games. The Official Scrabble Player's Dictionary 3rd edition wordlist (OSPD3) is included in the 'words' file in the distribution.
- Pynagram is a simple word game in which the player is presented with seven letters in a random order. Every word that is "solved" from the jumbled letters earns the player points. If the player solves one or more seven letter words, the score is carried over into the next game.
- Quackey is a software version of the classic Perquackey anagramming word game. It is implemented as a Bash shell script and runs under Linux, UNIX, and OSX. The game is suitable for either solitary or competitive play.
- 'tkhangman' is a cute Tcl/Tk version of the classic hangman game. It comes with a small word list, but can be used with existing dictionaries.
- Xword is a GNOME crossword puzzle program. It reads and writes puzzles in the AcrossLite format used by The New York Times. It has printing, a clock, a word list, and options to check and reveal letters of the puzzle.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.