Broaden your selection: Category/Uitoolkit
- ATC-pie is an air traffic control simulation program for solo training sessions or multi-player games connected to the FlightGear MP network. It is essentially designed for realism, and simulates many features of real-life ATC tasks such as strip rack and sequence management, handovers to/from neighbouring controllers, transponder identification, flight plan filing, ATIS recording.
- Anki is a flashcard program which makes remembering things easy. Because it is a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn. Anyone who needs to remember things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-agnostic and supports images, audio, videos and scientific markup (via LaTeX), the possibilities are endless. For example: - learning a language - studying for medical and law exams - memorizing people's names and faces - brushing up on geography - mastering long poems - even practicing guitar chords!
- Audacious is a free software audio player. A descendant of XMMS, Audacious plays your music how you want it, without stealing away your computer’s resources from other tasks. Drag and drop folders and individual song files, search for artists and albums in your entire music library, or create and edit your own custom playlists. Listen to CD’s or stream music from the Internet. Tweak the sound with the graphical equalizer or experiment with LADSPA effects. Enjoy the modern GTK-themed interface or change things up with Winamp Classic skins. Use the plugins included with Audacious to fetch lyrics for your music, to set an alarm in the morning, and more.
- Avogadro is an advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas. It offers flexible high quality rendering and a powerful plugin architecture.
- International: Translations into Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and others, with more languages to come.
- Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
- Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
- Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts.
- Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of chemical files, input generation for multiple computational chemistry packages, crystallography, and biomolecules.
- AwesomeBump is a normal/specular/parallax/ambient occlusion map generator.
- Whether you're looking for a job or trying to help a friend to find one, CVAssistant is the number one tool for you. It helps you by preparing resumes and cover letters and organizing your job application process. It: Stores all your skills and experiences. Creates resumes tailored for each job you apply. Creates cover letters summarized to match each job advertisement. Keeps a history of job applications so you are ready when you receive a phone call. Write resumes in your language. All languages are supported! It's a free and open source software which you can easily download to your computer and start using it out of the box. CV Assistant helps you create specialized resumes in Word .docx format fast and easy. The idea is to have a master resume with all skills and experiences in it. Then based on skills mentioned in the job advertisement, export a clean but well formatted word .docx file as a summarized resume with only relevant skills in it. This increases your chance of getting a job interview as most companies are using Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) or at best hiring managers which may be unaware of similarity between phrases like skilled in MS Word, familiar with Microsoft Word and Fully experienced with office suites. So job seekers need to create specialized resumes for each and every job position with the same wordings used in the advertisement. Add all your skills to CV Assistant, pick only relevant ones. It also creates cover letters! Again, write all possible sentences, and select those relevant ones per job post. CVAssistant helps you free of charge and this software remains for free!
- Calamares is a distribution-independent system installer, with an advanced partitioning feature for both manual and automated partitioning operations. It is the first installer with an automated “Replace Partition” option, which makes it easy to reuse a partition over and over for distribution testing. Calamares is designed to be customized by distribution maintainers without need for cumbersome patching, thanks to third party branding and external modules support.
- Calibre is an e-book manager that can view, convert, edit and catalog e-books in all of the major e-book formats. It's a complete e-library solution that includes library management, e-book format conversion, newsfeed to e-book conversion, integrated e-book viewer, and synchronization with e-reader devices.
- "Classified ads" is messaging system for exchange of private and public messages between humans, and maybe other primates. Features of the program include, but are not limited to: * Sending and retrieving messages public and private, between humans or inside groups * No need for server-side support of any kind * Minimal hassle for the end-user * No need for contracts with any service-operators, not counting your ISP * Identification of message senders while allowing some withdrawal of personal details * Text-based search of public posting
- This is a GUI program designed to help the newcomer (and veteran) with the Command Line Interface (CLI). It is designed to be a 'helper' in the sense that one can store favorite / useful commands for quick retrieval and use later. It is designed to be a reference as well, it has a 'starter' database of 170+ GNU/ Linux commands.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.