Broaden your selection: Category/Uitoolkit
- Azimuth is a top-down shooter adventure game where you play as a ship and explore through a large map, shooting and dodging a wide variety of enemies, solving environmental puzzles and progress through the story.
- GNU Ball and Paddle is an old-fashioned ball and paddle game with a set amount of blocks to destroy on each level, while moving a paddle left and right at the bottom of the screen. Various powerups may make different things occur.
- Cinetraverse is the cross-platform engine to play and solve verses in Cinetraverse format. A Verse is a point-and-click-and-read puzzle that consists of the screens with looped videos called Places, arranged in concentric circles. The player's goal is to reach the center of a Verse, the Place that is hidden there. At the beginning, all Places are hidden, except for one at the outermost circle where the player starts. In order to reach the next circle, all Places at the current one must be found. The player finds Places by moving to them through Portals. To unlock a Portal, the player must choose the right combination of Things to complete the Phrases. Portals and Things are scattered across Places, each Thing is taken once but can be used many times. A demo verse is included as an example to create and share new verses using media- and .json-files, without recompiling the engine: simply copy the verse's dir into 'verses' dir and choose it from the main menu. Localization support for text and voice is built-in.
- Darkvale Technologies Assistant
- A program that executes natural language directives without machine learning. Its capabilities are meant to be extended by each user depending on their needs. The interaction takes the form of a dialogue between the assistant and the user. The software also allows the generation of programs from English directives.
- Endless Sky
- A sandbox-style space exploration and combat game similar to Escape Velocity, Elite, or Star Control. Explore the universe. Earn money by trading, carrying people, or completing missions. Buy a better ship and upgrade your weapons and engines once you have enough money. Help the governments blow up pirates. Or become one. Find aliens hoping their culture is more civilized than your own. Or, to make a mark in the galaxy, take sides in an imminent civil war.
- FLIF is a novel lossless image format which outperforms existing image formats in terms of compression ratio. It works well on any kind of image (photographic, line art, computer graphics, etc.) and also supports animations. FLIF images (or animations) can be progressively decoded, which makes the format potentially very suitable for responsive web design. This is the reference implementation of FLIF, which includes a command-line tool (flif) to convert between FLIF and PNG/PNM/PAM, a decoding library (libflif_dec), an encoding library (libflif_enc), some scripts (gif2flif, apng2flif, raw2flif, ...), and a simple image/animation viewer (viewflif).
- FIM is a lightweight universal image viewer, mostly for GNU/Linux (but not only). FIM aims to be a highly customizable and scriptable image viewer for users who are comfortable with software like the VIM text editor or the Mutt mail user agent. It has been developed with GNU/Linux in mind, but can be built to run on several Unix systems or even on MS-Windows.
- Free Oberon
- Free Oberon is a cross-platform IDE for development in Oberon programming language made in the classical FreePascal-like pseudo-graphic style. Compilation of user-written programs is performed using the Vishap Oberon Compiler and then GCC. The compiled console programs can be run in the built-in terminal emulator.
- The game tells the story of a world destroyed by a conflict between robots and their human masters. Play as Tux in a quest to save the world from the murderous rebel bots who know no mercy. You get to choose which path you wish to follow, and freedom of choice is everywhere in the game. FreedroidRPG features a real time combat system with melee and ranged weapons, fairly similar to the proprietary game Diablo. There is an innovative system of programs that can be run in order to take control of enemy robots, alter their behavior, or improve one's characteristics. You can use over 50 different kinds of items and fight countless enemies on your way to your destiny. An advanced dialog system provides story background and immersive role playing situations. The game is complete, fully playable, and can provide about 12 hours of fun. It is still being actively developed, and help is welcome in many areas. People having - or trying to acquire - programming, map editing, or writing skills will find FreedroidRPG to be an exciting, fast-moving project in which they can fully express their creativity.
- Frozen Bubble
- Frozen Bubble is a clone of the popular "Puzzle Bobble" game, in which you attempt to shoot bubbles into groups of the same color to cause them to pop. Players compete as penguins and must use the arrow keys to aim a colored bubble at groups of bubbles. The objective is to clear all the bubbles off the screen before a bubble passes below a line at the bottom. It features 100 single-player levels, a two-player mode, music and striking graphics. A level editor is also included to allow players to create and play their own levels.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.