Broaden your selection: Category/Internet-application
- aMule is short for "all-platform eMule-like file-sharing program", or, in short, "all-platform Mule". It's a port of the well-known eMule P2P client for the eDonkey2000 file sharing network, and supports most of eMule features. It also provides a small separate Web server and command line interface to connect to a running aMule via the network.
- ANK djbdns
- 'ANK'_djbdns is a simple Web interface to configure djbdns written in mod_perl. It uses a MySQL database to hold DNS records. Features include advanced management of the file "data" including recording backups of all generated "data's", ability to keep a history of all changes, and the ability to show status of all registered domains at the local/remote DNS. The packages also alerts you about wrongly entered information, and when an error occurs while mounting "data".
- Aardvark can be used to remove and modify elements of a web page interactively. This can be used just to read the page in a more comfortable setting or for printing just the selected elements. Also might come handy for web developers. There is also a bookmarklet version available from the homepage.
- Active Spam Killer
- Active Spam Killer (ASK) confirms the sender's email address before actual delivery takes place. A "confirmation message" is automatically sent to all "unknown" users. Once the sender replies to that message (a simple reply will do), all future emails from that person are delivered immediately. You can also specify (regexp) addresses to be immediately accepted, rejected (with a nastygram) or ignored. The package also includes a utility to scan your old mailboxes and generate a list of emails to be accepted automatically.
- AdacURL is an Ada95 binding to the popular curl library for fetching files over various protocols such as HTTP, FTP, or TELNET.
- 'aircrack' is a set of tools for auditing wirelessnetworks. It consists of: airodump (an 802.11 packet capture program), aireplay (an 802.11 packet injection program), aircrack (static WEP and WPA-PSK cracking), and airdecap (decrypts WEP/WPA capture files).
- All-In-One Sidebar
- The award-winning All-in-One Sidebar (AiOS) extends the sidebar of GNU IceCat with many useful features:
- open Bookmarks, History, Downloads, Add-ons, Page Info, and Error Console in the sidebar
- fully customizable toolbar at the left side of the browser
- quickly show/hide the sidebar and the toolbar with a thin switch
- toggle the sidebar by clicking or just by mouse movements
- all panels are optimized for displaying in the sidebar (including slim lists)
- place the sidebar on the left or on the right side of the browser
- configure the behavior at the browser start or in fullscreen mode
- MultiPanel for opening webpages in the sidebar, amongst other features
- configurable shortcuts and additional buttons
- third-party add-ons are supported
- can be extensively customized
- 'apt-torrent' contains an apt to the BitTorrent gateway. It lets you fetch packages through the BitTorrent protocol
- ArgusEye is a GUI for some of the features of Argus. Argus is a powerful suite of tools for transaction-based network auditing. ArgusEye aims at supporting daily work with Argus by providing a graphical user interface.
- Aria is a download tool similar to Reget or GetRight. It downloads files from the Internet via HTTP or FTP. The transfer can be paused, resumed, queued, and saved. You can paste URLs from the clipboard, pasting as many as you want at a time. It has a friendly GTK-based GUI and useful log consoles. It supports URL list import, CRC checking, an HTTP proxy server, HTTP recursive downloads, defining specific file retrieval procedures for particular servers, and cut-and-paste.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.