Broaden your selection: Category/Internet-application
- 'akregator' is a fast, lightweight, and intuitive feed reader program for KDE. It lets you browse quickly through hundreds of thousands of internet feeds quickly, efficiently, and in a familiar way. It is currently under an extended beta beta process, but is considered stable.
- Alpine is a screen-oriented message-handling tool. In its default configuration, Alpine offers an intentionally limited set of functions geared toward the novice user, but it also has a large list of optional "power-user" and personal-preference features. alpinef is a variant of Alpine that uses function keys rather than mnemonic single-letter commands. Alpine uses the c-client messaging API to access local and remote mail folders. This library provides a variety of low-level message-handling functions, including drivers for a variety of different mail file formats, as well as routines to access remote mail and news servers, using IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) and NNTP (Network News Transport Protocol). Outgoing mail is usually posted directly via SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol).
- AmphetaDesk downloads syndication news and information and displays it on a fully customizable Web page.
- 'aub' downloads articles from newsgroups and decode them automatically. It is simple, well documented, and easy to use and configure. It handles multi-part postings, and both uuencoded and base64 encodings.
- Brag collects and assembles multipart binary attachements from newsgroups. It is best suited to run as a cron job. It supports for uuencode, MIME base64, and yenc encodings, NNTP authentication, non-default NNTP ports, and message filtering with accept/reject patterns. It can combine parts from different newsgroups or even different servers, and optionally saves message subjects.
- A simple, fast and secure PHP/AngularJS based single user feed and mail reader, password and bookmark manager. CacoCloud is divided into a RESTful PHP backend storing all data into a SQLite database and an SPA frontend based on AngularJs.
- Calibre is an e-book manager that can view, convert, edit and catalog e-books in all of the major e-book formats. It's a complete e-library solution that includes library management, e-book format conversion, newsfeed to e-book conversion, integrated e-book viewer, and synchronization with e-reader devices.
- ComicMan downloads Web comics from the Internet to your hard drive. It remembers the last download for each title, so you won't get duplicates from running it multiple times. The application itself is a command line tool, but it comes with a graphical configuration tool and an editor for making new Web comic configuration files.
- Evolution RSS Reader Plugin
- The Evolution RSS Reader Plugin enables support for RSS feeds in the Evolution mail reader. It includes full ATOM support.
- feedparser is a Python library that parses feeds in all known formats, including Atom, RSS, and RDF. It runs on Python 2.4 all the way up to 3.3.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.