Broaden your selection: Category/Internet-application
- Adblock Plus
Blocks banners, pop-ups, tracking, malware. By default, nonintrusive ads aren't blocked in order to support websites.
The add-on is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.Starting with Adblock Plus 2.0 there is an option in Filter Preferences to allow some non-intrusive advertising. The goal is to support websites using non-intrusive ways to advertise and to encourage more websites to do the same.
- Anastasis ,
- Anastasis is a key recovery system that allows the user to securely deposit shares of a core secret with an open set of escrow providers, to recover it if the secret is lost. The core secret itself is protected from the escrow providers by giving each provider only part of the information, and additionally by encrypting it with an identity-based key unknown to the providers.
- AnonAddy is an email forwarding service designed to protect a user's email addresses from spam and other unwanted emails. It allows you to create random aliases that can be used to forward emails to your main account. This way, you can sign up on services around the Web without giving your real email address.
- Anontwi - is a tool for OAuth2 applications (such as: GNUSocial, Twitter...) that provides different layers of encryption and privacy methods.
- arkOS is a lightweight Linux-based operating system, initially targeted to run on a Raspberry Pi, intended to make self-hosting server software as easy as possible. It has different components that interact to achieve these ends, chief among them an integrated application called Genesis which graphically manages the server and its components. With Genesis, users can easily add/remove server software, manage websites, change system settings and more from a reliable visual interface that's easy to use. arkOS puts a focus on user's experience, requiring no command line experience to run well. In the future, users will also be able to host their email accounts, chat accounts, and social networking profiles from an arkOS server just as easily.
- Hosts files will reroute unwanted traffic from ad farms, behavioral tracking firms and malware sites to a blackhole; routing to 0.0.0.0 (localhost; your PC) when a request is made to a URL on the blacklist. Which means any traffic that would have left your system for that destination, is sent inward, to your localhost and then abandoned. Despite what some may suggest, hosts files are not "1980s technology" and still very useful today, as an additional layer of security. Hosts file are a useful redundancy when coupled with ad blockers like uBlock Origin and uMatrix - while debugging or 'Temporarily Allow All on this Site' with Noscript can open you up to underlying attacks or privacy intrusions. In-browser filters won't protect you if the browser itself is phoning home. If you have an up-to-date hosts file, the risk is severely lessened. Auto Hosts will automate the setup process for maintaining an up to date hosts file, by: - Installing a weekly cronjob to pull fresh/updated copies of hosts lists (default is every Sunday at 7:22pm) (Default custom_filters and firefox-includes) source appends Facebook trackers, Linkedin ads, Google fonts, Firefox telemetry and other harvester sites that curated lists for whatever reason, have not added to their blacklists - Refreshes DNS to instantiate the re-routed changes (Mac Only) If Devdom is installed, append all local virtualhosts (if it is installed - it is -not- a requirement! Autohosts does a conditional check to ensure your dev environment doesn't break if you're using Devdom. Read the code.) - Uninstall offers the ability to revert to a fresh hosts file and undo any changes made by Autohosts; a backup will be copied to /tmp - Add custom blacklists, whitelists and host sources from ~/autohosts on your desktop
- BAD HARVEST
- BAD HARVEST is a form-mail CGI script designed to be called from links similar to "mailto:...". It helps you to hide email addresses from "harvesters" (automated email-address collectors) while still providing a convenient way for your visitors to contact you.
- Modified from README.md: Blindsend is a free software tool for private, end-to-end encrypted file exchange between two agents. Current use case requires a requesting party (file Receiver) to initiate the file exchange by generating a link via blindsend and transmiting that link to the file Sender; after the Sender uploads the file to blindsend, the Receiver is able to use the same link to download the file. When exchanging files via blindsend, encryption and decryption always take place on Sender's/Receiver's local machines.
- Briar is a messaging app designed for activists, journalists, and anyone else who needs a safe, easy and robust way to communicate. Unlike traditional messaging apps, Briar doesn't rely on a central server - messages are synchronized directly between the users' devices. If the internet's down, Briar can sync via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, keeping the information flowing in a crisis. If the internet's up, Briar can sync via the Tor network, protecting users and their relationships from surveillance.
- Chameleon Addon
- Chameleon is a WebExtension port of the popular Firefox addon Random Agent Spoofer. The UI is near identical and contains most of the features found in the original extension.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.