Flash Movie Player
Gnash is a GNU Flash movie player. Flash is an animation file format pioneered by Macromedia which continues to be supported by their successor company, Adobe. Flash has been extended to include audio and video content, and programs written in ActionScript, an ECMAScript-compatible language. Gnash is based on GameSWF, and supports most SWF v7 features and some SWF v8 and v9. Features:
- Runs as a standalone application - Gnash can run standalone to play flash movies.
- IceCat plugin - Gnash can also run as a plugin from within IceCat.
- SWF v7 compliant - Gnash can play many current flash movies.
- XML Message server - Gnash also supports an XML based message system as is documented in the Flash Format specification.
- High Quality Output - Gnash uses OpenGL for rendering the graphics.
- IRC general channel
released on 31 January 2012
Accepts cryptocurrency donations.
git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gnash.git
- Runs-on:OS X
- UI Toolkit:fltk
- UI Toolkit:gtk
- UI Toolkit:sdl
|License||Verified by||Verified on||Notes|
|License:GPLv3orlater||Bendikker||28 June 2018|
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
|VCS Repository Webview||https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnash.git|
This entry (in part or in whole) was last reviewed on 28 June 2018.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.