Broaden your selection: Category/Works-with
- Library for XML processing in Python, designed to balance the native idioms of Python with the native character of XML.
- Apache AxKit
- Apache AxKit is an XML Application Server for Apache. It provides on-the-fly conversion from XML to any format, such as HTML, WAP or text using either W3C standard techniques, or flexible custom code. AxKit also uses a built-in Perl interpreter to provide some amazingly powerful techniques for XML transformation.
- Beautiful Soup
- Beautiful Soup is a Python HTML/XML parser designed for quick turnaround projects like screen-scraping. Three features make it powerful:
- 1. Beautiful Soup won't choke if you give it bad markup. It yields a parse tree that makes approximately as much sense as your original document. This is usually good enough to collect the data you need and run away.
- 2. Beautiful Soup provides a few simple methods and Pythonic idioms for navigating, searching, and modifying a parse tree: a toolkit for dissecting a document and extracting what you need. You don't have to create a custom parser for each application.
- 3. Beautiful Soup automatically converts incoming documents to Unicode and outgoing documents to UTF-8. You don't have to think about encodings, unless the document doesn't specify an encoding and Beautiful Soup can't autodetect one. Then you just have to specify the original encoding.
- Beautiful Soup parses anything you give it, and does the tree traversal stuff for you. You can tell it "Find all the links", or "Find all the links of class externalLink", or "Find all the links whose urls match "foo.com", or "Find the table heading that's got bold text, then give me that text." Valuable data that was once locked up in poorly-designed websites is now within your reach. Projects that would have taken hours take only minutes with Beautiful Soup.
- 'bib2xhtml' is a program that converts BibTeX files into HTML (specifically, XHTML 1.0). The conversion is mostly done by specialized BibTeX style files, derived from a converted bibliography style template. This ensures that the original BibTeX styles are faithfully reproduced. Some post-processing is performed by Perl code. This is an update of the bib2html program written by David Hull in 1996 and maintained by him until 1998.
- Conglomerate is a project to create a complete structured information authoring, management, archival, revision control and transformation system. It uses XML semantics and powerful graphical editing, coupled with a centralised storage model and a flexible transformation language to create an environment which is easy to use, produces high-quality structured output, and lets the user target several output media with a single source document.
- Element Tree
- The Element type is a simple but flexible container object, designed to store hierarchical data structures, such as simplified XML infosets, in memory. The element type can be described as a cross between a Python list and a Python dictionary. The ElementTree wrapper type adds code to load XML files as trees of Element objects, and save them back again. The Element type is available as a pure-Python implementation for Python 1.5.2 and later. A C implementation is also available, for use with CPython 2.1 and later. The core components of both libraries are also shipped with Python 2.5 and later.
- Entity is an application framework built around XML. Its core is an engine that lets users to create object oriented, event driven applications with XML trees. Users create tags in XML which can be used to represent any object. We have used this engine to create a set of tags for the GTK+ toolkit (among other things), allowing users to create graphical applications using XML, and an embedded scripting language.
- Genshi is a Python library that provides an integrated set of components for parsing, generating, and processing HTML, XML or other textual content for output generation on the web. The main feature is a template language that is smart about markup: unlike conventional template languages that only deal with bytes and (if you're lucky) characters, Genshi knows the difference between tags, attributes, and actual text nodes, and uses that knowledge to your advantage.
- Git is a distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
- Jas CMS
- Jas CMS is a small website engine written in Java. It produces static content without the need of any databases or server-side scripting languages. It is created to fulfil high security concerns. It is suitable for various kind of content projects like personal websites, project / product pages, group sites, company websites... It is also designed for managing content projects / websites in the i2p network, tor et cetera.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.