A clean, minimalist publishing platform made for writers
Built on a plain, auto-saving editor, WriteFreely provides a distraction-free writing environment. Its ActivityPub implementation allows connecting with other Fediverse projects, such as Mastodon and Friendica. WriteFreely also allows completely anonymous blogs and posts.
Available WriteFreely instances can be found here.
- Article categorization with hashtags
- Menu-like interface can be created with static pages by pinning normal posts to your blog.
- Draft post creation
- Publishing to multiple blogs from one account
- Support for non-Latin and right-to-left (RTL) script languages
- Minimal data collection
- Anonymous posting
- Optional custom CSS theming (default layout is very minimal)
8 January 2022
Leaders and contributors
Resources and communication
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.