Broaden your selection: Category/Protocol
- AT Emulator
- The AT Emulator is a free tool, which can be used to emulate a communication device, like a modem. The AT interface can be accessed through the console, a TCP or telnet connection or a virtual COM port. The emulator is implemented in Java, it can be used in Windows or GNU/Linux.
- Hosts files will reroute unwanted traffic from ad farms, behavioral tracking firms and malware sites to a blackhole; routing to 0.0.0.0 (localhost; your PC) when a request is made to a URL on the blacklist. Which means any traffic that would have left your system for that destination, is sent inward, to your localhost and then abandoned. Despite what some may suggest, hosts files are not "1980s technology" and still very useful today, as an additional layer of security. Hosts file are a useful redundancy when coupled with ad blockers like uBlock Origin and uMatrix - while debugging or 'Temporarily Allow All on this Site' with Noscript can open you up to underlying attacks or privacy intrusions. In-browser filters won't protect you if the browser itself is phoning home. If you have an up-to-date hosts file, the risk is severely lessened. Auto Hosts will automate the setup process for maintaining an up to date hosts file, by: - Installing a weekly cronjob to pull fresh/updated copies of hosts lists (default is every Sunday at 7:22pm) (Default custom_filters and firefox-includes) source appends Facebook trackers, Linkedin ads, Google fonts, Firefox telemetry and other harvester sites that curated lists for whatever reason, have not added to their blacklists - Refreshes DNS to instantiate the re-routed changes (Mac Only) If Devdom is installed, append all local virtualhosts (if it is installed - it is -not- a requirement! Autohosts does a conditional check to ensure your dev environment doesn't break if you're using Devdom. Read the code.) - Uninstall offers the ability to revert to a fresh hosts file and undo any changes made by Autohosts; a backup will be copied to /tmp - Add custom blacklists, whitelists and host sources from ~/autohosts on your desktop
- DMBCS Embedded C++ HTTP Server
- At DMBCS we like to do things in certain ways: all our code takes the form of C++17 (or, lately, C++20) libraries built with GNU autotools, providing user interaction through HTTP/HTML5/CSS3/EcmaScript web interfaces. It is thus a common requirement that our code links against a library of classes which implement the HTML paradigm and provide the TCP/IP plumbing to allow applications to easily take the form of self-contained web servers. At DMBCS we use NGINX at top-level to coordinate the set of such micro-servers which make up a complete web site. The library has been under constant development for over twenty years (yes, really), and in heavy production use. The code-base hasnʼt quite been brought up to our expectations of full production-quality code yet (it has always been a project on the side of other things), and so we still regard it as beta-quality software. We expect this situation to change in the near future.
- DataStatix is a free software for GNU/Linux and Windows useful to manage data of every kind (although it has been written to manage biomedical data), to create descriptive statistics and graphs and to export items easily to R environment or to other statistic softwares. In order to handle properly big amount of data and many concurrent users, DataStatix works with MySql database and it has been developed and tested with MySql community edition 5.5. Some features of the software are: users management (create, delete, modify password) within the software; different users levels of data access (administrator, default, read only); user defined templates (models) of data, to create new databases easily; importation and esportation of data in CSV format (used also by Calc and Excel); updating of existing data from a CSV file created with DataStatix; descriptive statistics from every data (some more kind of statistics to come); graphs from every data.
- dhlan scans and updates to /etc/hosts with a MAC:name table. It's the most simple and easy replacement of DNS server, to customize named localization of computers, printers or any other device accross any Local Area Network. For example, 2 laptops can maintain valid name-to-ip although network changes.
- Durruter is a command-line wizard to manage iptables entries like in a hardware router web interface. Forward ports and ranges from multiple interfaces, allow internet traffic from multiple nets to multiple network interfaces.
- 'ejabberd' is a multi-platform, scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant XMPP Jabber server. It supports advanced features such as multi-user chat, IRC transport, publish and subscribe services, Jabber user directory, a Web-based administration interface, an HTTP polling service, SSL and TLS support, LDAP and external authentication.
- The Farstream (formerly Farsight2) project is an effort to create a framework to deal with all known audio/video conferencing protocols. On one side it offers a generic API that makes it possible to write plugins for different streaming protocols, on the other side it offers an API for clients to use those plugins. This package provides Python bindings for Farstream.
- GNU SETL
- GNU SETL is a modest extension and implementation of SETL, the World's Most Wonderful Programming Language.
- GNUpot is a wrapper that enables you to use git via SSH without repeating tedious jobs. GNUpot will take care of creating the repository, generating cryptoraphical keys, doing automatical commits, pushes and pulls when files are changed, and lots of other things.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.