Broaden your selection: Category/Protocol
- Hosts files will reroute unwanted traffic from ad farms, behavioral tracking firms and malware sites to a blackhole; routing to 0.0.0.0 (localhost; your PC) when a request is made to a URL on the blacklist. Which means any traffic that would have left your system for that destination, is sent inward, to your localhost and then abandoned. Despite what some may suggest, hosts files are not "1980s technology" and still very useful today, as an additional layer of security. Hosts file are a useful redundancy when coupled with ad blockers like uBlock Origin and uMatrix - while debugging or 'Temporarily Allow All on this Site' with Noscript can open you up to underlying attacks or privacy intrusions. In-browser filters won't protect you if the browser itself is phoning home. If you have an up-to-date hosts file, the risk is severely lessened. Auto Hosts will automate the setup process for maintaining an up to date hosts file, by: - Installing a weekly cronjob to pull fresh/updated copies of hosts lists (default is every Sunday at 7:22pm) (Default custom_filters and firefox-includes) source appends Facebook trackers, Linkedin ads, Google fonts, Firefox telemetry and other harvester sites that curated lists for whatever reason, have not added to their blacklists - Refreshes DNS to instantiate the re-routed changes (Mac Only) If Devdom is installed, append all local virtualhosts (if it is installed - it is -not- a requirement! Autohosts does a conditional check to ensure your dev environment doesn't break if you're using Devdom. Read the code.) - Uninstall offers the ability to revert to a fresh hosts file and undo any changes made by Autohosts; a backup will be copied to /tmp - Add custom blacklists, whitelists and host sources from ~/autohosts on your desktop
- DataStatix is a free software for GNU/Linux and Windows useful to manage data of every kind (although it has been written to manage biomedical data), to create descriptive statistics and graphs and to export items easily to R environment or to other statistic softwares. In order to handle properly big amount of data and many concurrent users, DataStatix works with MySql database and it has been developed and tested with MySql community edition 5.5. Some features of the software are: users management (create, delete, modify password) within the software; different users levels of data access (administrator, default, read only); user defined templates (models) of data, to create new databases easily; importation and esportation of data in CSV format (used also by Calc and Excel); updating of existing data from a CSV file created with DataStatix; descriptive statistics from every data (some more kind of statistics to come); graphs from every data.
- dhlan scans and updates to /etc/hosts with a MAC:name table. It's the most simple and easy replacement of DNS server, to customize named localization of computers, printers or any other device accross any Local Area Network. For example, 2 laptops can maintain valid name-to-ip although network changes.
- Durruter is a command-line wizard to manage iptables entries like in a hardware router web interface. Forward ports and ranges from multiple interfaces, allow internet traffic from multiple nets to multiple network interfaces.
- 'ejabberd' is a multi-platform, scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant XMPP Jabber server. It supports advanced features such as multi-user chat, IRC transport, publish and subscribe services, Jabber user directory, a Web-based administration interface, an HTTP polling service, SSL and TLS support, LDAP and external authentication.
- The Farstream (formerly Farsight2) project is an effort to create a framework to deal with all known audio/video conferencing protocols. On one side it offers a generic API that makes it possible to write plugins for different streaming protocols, on the other side it offers an API for clients to use those plugins. This package provides Python bindings for Farstream.
- GNUpot is a wrapper that enables you to use git via SSH without repeating tedious jobs. GNUpot will take care of creating the repository, generating cryptoraphical keys, doing automatical commits, pushes and pulls when files are changed, and lots of other things.
- GoVPN is simple free software virtual private network daemon, aimed to be reviewable, secure, DPI/censorship-resistant, written on Go. It uses fast strong passphrase authenticated key agreement protocol with augmented zero-knowledge mutual peers authentication (PAKE DH A-EKE). Encrypted, authenticated data transport that hides message's length and timestamps. Optional encryptionless mode, that still preserves data confidentiality. Perfect forward secrecy property. Resistance to: offline dictionary attacks, replay attacks, client's passphrases compromising and dictionary attacks on the server side. Built-in heartbeating, rehandshaking, real-time statistics. Ability to work through UDP, TCP and HTTP proxies. IPv4/IPv6-compatibility.
- High-Performance Connectivity Tracer (HiPerConTracer) is a ping/traceroute service. It performs regular ping and traceroute runs among sites and can export the results into an SQL or Non-SQL database.
- InfiniSQL is a distributed in-memory NewSQL relational database management system (RDBMS). It excels at performing complex transactions which involve records on multiple server nodes. It is engineered around the actor model of concurrent programming, which enables unique scalability capabilities. InfiniSQL is currently in an alpha state, and the project is eagerly seeking developers, early adopters, and people who want to help build a community around it.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the page “GNU Free Documentation License”.
The copyright and license notices on this page only apply to the text on this page. Any software or copyright-licenses or other similar notices described in this text has its own copyright notice and license, which can usually be found in the distribution or license text itself.